Restoration :: SX-70 Sonar
► Comprehensive CLA
► Leather Replacement
► One Year Warranty
NOTE: Julien, our lead Polaroid camera technician, will be absent from December 14 - January 10. All cameras received before December 10 will be serviced before his departure. Cameras received after December 10 will be queued and will be serviced upon his return in the order they were received. Thanks!
Our Polaroid SX-70 Sonar Restoration Service includes a diagnostic check of all mechanical parts, a comprehensive CLA (cleaning, lubrication, adjustment), application of a brand new leather covering (if requested), and a full 1-year mechanical warranty for your camera.
600 Modification: We are capable of modifying most SX-70 cameras to shoot 600 film! Why are so many people opting for this upgrade? Here are some reasons:
- Better Low-light Performance / 600 film allows you to make well-exposed images in a greater variety of settings without needing to utilize flash.
- Easier to Find Film / 600 film is stocked by most camera shops and big retailers and is significantly easier to find than SX-70 film.
Special Edition Films / Polaroid releases many special edition films for 600 but only produces core films (Color + B&W) for the SX-70.
1) Most SX-70 Cameras are able to be modified but some early models are not. It is very likely that we will be able to modify yours but in the unlikely circumstance that we are unable to do so, we will email you and issue a refund for the 600-Modification upgrade fee ($60).
2) If your camera has critical structural or electronic damage (cracks, chips, bent metal, corrosion, etc) we may need to bill you for parts replacement costs. In certain circumstances, our technicians may reject the Repair Servicing if damage or corrosion has contributed to a camera that is beyond repair. In either situation, we will be in touch by email and let you know your options for moving forward.
3) If you do not want the original leather replaced, please select "Do Not Replace" under the Leather Option below. Please note, however, that in order to perform a comprehensive CLA, our technicians will need to open the body of your camera which requires removing the larger sheet of leather on the bottom surface. This is the only leather piece that will need to be removed and it is not possible to replace as the leather rips/warps during removal. All other leather pieces will be left in-tact and original.
This Repair Service is applicable to the following models: SX-70 Sonar.